1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VCD burn from Nero6 doesn't work with DVD/VCD player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MetalRooster, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MetalRooster

MetalRooster Thread Starter

Hi

Well, I've been trying to make a home video on a VCD so that i can share with other. The problem is it doesn't play the movie/video on the Player that i've got at all (it's Panasonic DVD/VCD player) , however it works with Window Media Player.

I have a couple of video files then i use Nero 6 to create the combined movie VCD from those video files, i use the Make Movie Wizard. Can anyone please tell me why it doesn't work? When i tried to play it on the DVD/VCD player it only display the menu and when i pressed the play button of the player remote control it doesn't go anywhere besides the menu with the beginning picture.

Sorry for long writting i'm so deseperate.

2. GCDude

GCDude

Not sure what your exact problem might be but a site that might help you is

www.videohelp.com

Have found it very useful over the years when creating VCD, SVCD, XVID and DVD's

3. DocShock

DocShock

Play around with the controls on your remote, you may have to highlight something or perform another command before pressing play.

Have you tried the "ok" button? I know this sounds silly, but playing around with the remote might just be the answer, especially if you can see the picture.

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Okay, this may sound stupid, but I actually think I know what may be going on...when you insert a DVD and have menu, you can scroll to the menu and have many more options on your remote. For some reason, when you insert a VCD, most DVD players will not give you any options for scrolling/moving around the menu. But you should see a number by the menu item. On your remote, press the corresponding number and see if that executes your movie.

That's the way mine works.

Hope this helps,

MBN

5. MetalRooster

Thanks everyone, well i've tried everything you've said but nothing works. When the first welcome screen display on the TV there's not much on the menu to do, only one big beginning picture of the video, all i can do is try to press play, ok, FF, RW, .. everything but it doesn't go anywhere besides the welcome screen.

However i got one more information about the number on the LED display of the DVD player first when the CD loaded it displays number 2 and when i pressed play it changed to 1 but there's nothing played.

Is there anymore possible solution on that?

6. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Okay, only one thing left I can think of....perhaps the menu is screwed up...?

When you open up Nero6, the wizard pops up asking for the type of Cd you are making. When you choose Video CD, one of the tabs available is Menu. Are you putting the checkmark there and configuring your menu? You will see a box at the bottom allowing you to preview your menu. You will also see the items on the preview numbered. That is how the DVD players I've used execute VCDs.

That is how I make VCD's and it has worked.

However, I also had to make a VCD back in February and began to believe I was a "coaster Queen" - I made about six duff VCDs. My DVD player explicitly says it will play VCDs but it, in fact, would not. All those coasters played fine in other people's DVD players.

Try someone else's player too, just in case.

MBN

7. MetalRooster

Thanks, just one more question about this to make sure that it's not because of the video file. When you make a VCD it doesn't matter which file extension it's made from, it will work anyway right? Coz my video file is .mpeg and i'm not really sure if it's a good one to make a VCD.

8. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

If I'm not mistaken, Nero will re-encode it to the proper format. The problem with this is that NEro wasn't made for that purpose so it isn't the best option for doing that.

I have used a really easy little freebie called TMPGEncode (just Google it) that will re-encode into VCD, SVCD, and DVD, and I haven't burned a coaster since! :D

Download that, re-encode, and try, try again!

Good luck,

MBN

9. MetalRooster

Hey, MBN thanks for the tip i'll try that and see if it works.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/359698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice