VCD fiiles too large. Can I shrink'em?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WButchar

Hi there! I have a few VCD files I would like to keep, but cannot save them to disk. Is there any way I can shrink them or split them from, say, 800MB to two 400MB files? Thanx.

size is not so important for movies, time is.
did you know that you can get cd-roms up to 99 minutes? this will nicely fit most movies.

Not all burners can handle 90/99 minute disks.
Not all DVD players can handle 90/99 minute disks.

Use TMPEG's mpeg tools feature to edit out opening and
closing credits.

And jbcalg is correct, a 700mb CD-R will hold 800mb of VCD image.

WButchar

Just got in from out of town. You guys respond pretty fast. Much appreciated. Haven't tried any of the info you posted yet except that, without editing, the burner wouldn't take the VCD's that were too large. At least now I know it can be done. Thanx.

WButchar

Also, thanks to JW & MM! (Didn't see your replies in my e-mail, but saw'em on the posts. Great help! The only thing is that I've been trying to find CD's over 80 minutes in Winnipeg and there aren't any. They've been trying to get some shipped up, but for some reason, no company has been willing to. (...strange!?) What I've got from you guys so far should help. Thanx.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online