1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vcd Format

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CLMSS, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CLMSS

CLMSS Thread Starter

I want to know what format does a VCD use ? MPEG ? Thanks in advance.

2. padutch

padutch

3. CLMSS

CLMSS Thread Starter

Sorry but i dont see how a link to an online store for VisualCADD V4.0 helps.....perhaps you gave me the wrong link ?

4. padutch

padutch

The information I found was that .vcd is a visual cadd extention.
    Or as they put it drawing file. The link i gave you you will find a shareware program to download to read this file. Sorry I didn't give more information on my first post but I hope this helps.
    DUTCH

5. Ratfood

Ratfood

He means Video CD :) Its .mpg format and you can burn it easy with nero (under "other cd formats" on the wizard)

6. CLMSS

CLMSS Thread Starter

Thanks.If i use nero to burn it,will it convert it to the right format for me ? coz im using a DV digital camera and the files are huge ! and whats the diff betweed MPEG 1 and 2 ?

7. Ratfood

Ratfood

OK if your making the videos yourself then you want to pick between mpeg-1 (normal VCD) and Mpeg-2 (aka DVD)... Of course you can fit a shorter amount of mpeg-2 video on a CD, which makes it a Super VCD (SVCD), while you should be able to fit over an hour of mpeg-1 on a CD ~650MB. And yes the file sized do get big. I personally would use mpeg-1, quality is still better than VHS but less than DVD, and more playing time per CD.

You can use ezcd 5 to make these VCD's too but I never use ezcd so I can't help you there.

If you use nero then burn it VCD mode, then you can go right on and play it in your DVD player that supports VCD's

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice