1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vcore higher than rated maximum

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mulderator, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mulderator

Mulderator Thread Starter

Sandra tells me my V-Core is too high:

I have a Pentium D 830--should be between 1.25 and 1.4. Below is a screen shot with Everest saying is 1.15? :confused:

Can someone explain this?

Attached Files:

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Actually the reading is probably wrong and anyway 1.15 would be low vcore rather than high if the vcore is 1.25-1.4.

You OK Mulder?

3. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

Check what it reports in the BIOS.

Unless you changed it manually, it should be on the default for that processor.

4. Mulderator

Mulderator Thread Starter

Actually, I did that right after making this post and saw that it was in the correct range--1.36 or 1.37, so I forgot about this thread! :D

But why is Sandra reporting it as 1.15 and why does it say its too high? :confused:

5. qldit

qldit

Good Afternoon Mulder, that is interesting you can use different utilities to monitor voltages and for some odd reason they commonly read differently.
    I ran a few tests with digital meter and compared readings in three common programs and found Everest was most accurate.
    Speedfan was least accurate.
    I have no idea why but suspect different motherboards have different kinds of reference information, which is interpreted differently by each program.

If you get half a chance give it a try, at least it does let you know which program to use on your own gear.
    How come you have all this good gear, i suspect you don't have children! (LOL!)
    qldit.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice