1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vcore Voltage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ccucu, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ccucu

Ccucu Thread Starter

Hi.

My brother's PC was having ups and downs all week so I went there to take a look and I noticed one of the holders from the CPU fan was off. I looked in BIOS and CPU temp was 80 degrees C and VCore Voltage 0.112V (marked RED).

I put the cooler in place and restarted the system. Temperature was back to normal 33 degrees, but the Voltage was still at 0.112V.

I went o and replaced the power supply but no change. The vcore voltage is still red and at 0.112V.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

The sensor isn't working or there is a problem with the software reporting it. In my computer Speedfan says my 5V is 3.45V, and my 12V is 5.37V.

3. Ccucu

Ccucu Thread Starter

I get the value from BIOS,not from software

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

I don't know of any processor that will run with one tenth of a volt. What does the machine do?

If it does nothing I would have to guess that either the processor has failed and is not drawing current through the VRM, or if the processor is good it would appear that the VRM has failed.

You really need to post the exact make and model of both the motherboard and processor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!