Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll

Solved 
2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210528000636.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (152 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0R32866 WIN, s/n PF2STEK8
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n PF2STEK8
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I clicked on my firefox icon on my desktop today and received the following message: VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll. Please tell me how to fix this so I can get back my firefox browser.

#2 ·
Usually, this is cause by an issue with Visual C++ Runtime. Do you have a lot of bookmarks in Firefox? If so, do you have them synchronised to an account? The reason I'm asking is because if they are backed up, you can uninstall Firefox, reboot the PC, and then do a fresh install.

#3 ·
I don't have a lot of bookmarks in firefox. The other day when I clicked on firefox, I couldn't get it to "boot up"(?) if that's the correct word, so I tried installing it again. And that installation didn't install. After seeing your answer today, I went to uninstall firefox, and this is the statement I receive, "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed". And then I wait and nothing happens. Just to be clear, I've had firefox installed for several years, and just recently I haven't been able to get my firefox program so then I tried installing firefox again, and I'm stuck. It won't uninstall.

Thank you very much for your response.

#4 ·
Do you have another working browser like Edge or Chrome etc ?

If not I would install one first; then use it to download the latest version of Firefox, just download it do not try to install it yet.

Now restart the computer and try uninstalling Firefox again.

If it doesn't uninstall try this to uninstall Firefox :- https://geekuninstaller.com
Unzip and run the EXE file, find Firefox in the list then click on Action > Uninstall.

If either uninstall method works install Firefox again using the download.

#5 ·
Thank you again. I have tried and tried uninstalling with windows. I have spent hours on this thing. I used your geek uninstaller and windows uninstaller, and I get either that firefox must be closed to proceed with uninstall or get the VERUNTIME 140_1.dll was not found message. Even restarting doesn't seem to make a difference or downloading firefox and restarting and then install doesn't work. Please help.

#7 ·
I'm still trying to get firefox browser. I downloaded geek uninstaller. And also the custom-installation-firefox-on-windows as you suggested. Still get the same message: "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalliing the program may fix the problem." I have tried all the suggestions you gave me many times and come up with the same result. Maybe I should give up on firefox, but if my windows 10 won't allow me to download firefox, what else is it doing that I don't know about. I purchased this Lenovo computer from Best Buy with windows 10 about 6 months ago.

#9 ·
Ok, you need the full Firefox setup file from here :- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all...edium=referral&utm_source=support.mozilla.org
get Windows 64-bit and select your language if necessary, then click on the blue [Download now] button there.

Now follow the instructions here, starting by running the file you just downloaded :- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/custom-installation-firefox-on-windows

Select the Custom install as shown then when it asks where to install Firefox add something at the end of the path shown, I suggest just adding a 2 so it looks like this :-
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 2\
if it offers to create the new folder allow it.
Then continue the install as shown, it should create Desktop icons you can start this new version of Firefox with.

#13 ·
I don't know how to do as you so helpfully suggested I do to fix this windows 10 problem and getting Fire Fox fixed or installed. I tried your latest suggestion, and I don't know how to do that. It won't let me paste in #3. According to the geekuninstaller and windows uninstaller, I have Fire Fox running, and they want me to close it. I click on the x in what appears to be a corrupted Fire Fox, and it closes, and I try to uninstall, and I get a statement: Fire Fox must be closed to proceed with uninstall. I keep doing the same thing over and over and get the same results. Is there anything I can do about this or should I forget about Fire Fox? Thank you for your help.

#14 ·
Firefox is likely running in memory, even though the window is closed. To close it fully, right-click on your taskbar and choose Task Manager from the context menu. This will open a new window, so click on More details to expand what you can see.

Look for instances of Firefox and then left-click on it once to highlight. With your mouse still hovering over the Firefox entry in Task Manager, right-click on it and then choose End task. Do this for all instances of Firefox you see, if this doesn't close all of them.

After that's done, try uninstalling it again.

#15 ·
This Colorfulness Purple Font Violet Rectangle
Th

This is what I receive when try to download fire fox after everything I can find has been removed, and I try installing again. When I click on reinstall, it doesn't install completely. Either I get the VCRUNTIME again or the installation appears to be incomplete. I'll try to get a pic of the installation that appears to be incomplete.
Colorfulness Purple Font Violet Rectangle

#18 ·
I tried to fix it as you suggested above. I went to the above site, but at some point got a warning from Malwarebyes that it may contain PuP activity, which made me wary of finishing. Is this a problem with Microsoft? Are they trying to get me NOT to download Fire Fox? I have all the updates.

#19 ·
Hey!! I got it! typed in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package or maybe I downloaded and installed, and didn't think it worked and then tried something else and got the malwarebytes message. Later, I discovered the Fire Fox symbol on my home page so attached it to my taskbar where it's supposed to be. I do wonder why I lost it. Oh, I'm so happy. Thank you so much. Thank you for your patience with my inexperience.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.