1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Veiwing Japanese

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Metys, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Metys

Metys Thread Starter

i cant veiw japanese in my emails on eudoramail.com
    is there some way i can make my browser veiw japanese?

i can veiw japanese on websites and even type japanese into my emails but when i get emails with japanese in them, the text just shows up as gibberish.

help!

2. diamondnular

diamondnular

Hi Metys,

When reading emails in eudoramail.com, you go to View - Encoding - More and find a suitable font such as Japanese (Auto-select) or something. Try it and let me know what it does.

3. Metys

Metys Thread Starter

yeah i tried that before but it doesnt work. Im thinking eudoramail just doesnt support japanese or something.

any other suggestions??

4. diamondnular

diamondnular

Hi Metys,

Did you install fonts for Asian langugues when installing Window? You may want to installing them by going to Control panel - Regional and Langugue Option - Langugues - Install for Asian Langugues. If it still does not work, then I think you have to find some other fonts to install. Hope this helps.

5. cammi

cammi

or njstar ;)

6. Metys

Metys Thread Starter

yeah i have installed the fonts for asian languages and i have one of those language bars because i type in japanese alot so i dont think thats the problem.

about the other fonts though how do i go about getting them.

oh yeah ive heard about njstar but it costs money and i dont think it will help.

thanx, keep on coming the the ideas! (y)

7. cammi

cammi

er, njstar is free... you only have to pay if you want to buy. you can use njstar communicator... that might help

8. Metys

Metys Thread Starter

ah thanx ok ill get it then.

thanx thanx thanx!

(y)

9. cammi

cammi

np. im not sure if thats what you're looking for though. if you go to a japanese website and theres lots of symbols like boxes and things on it, you can use njstar communicator and turn it onto japanese mode. alternatively, you may also want to type something in japanese to someone over icq/msn or something and thats helpful as well.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice