1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ventrilo Help Me!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by nadman, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nadman

nadman Thread Starter

Hey, if you've opened this post thanks for your time.

Basically, I cant talk in vent. I hear people talk through my mic/headphone combo and I can hear binds when I join a channel and such. The problem is that when I push my push to talk button i hear no beep and my mic symbol doesnt flash green and I'm not being transmitted. I go into setup and check my push to talk and its the right key. I hit test and hold down my push to talk button and record something and play it back and hear myself.

I've tried restarting my comp, reinstalling ventrilo, going into other servers, and changing user names...but to no avail.

SOMEONE HELP ME FFS!

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Ok many reasons

1: Turn up your outbound
    2: Go to Control Panel > Sounds And Audio Devices > Advanced and see if Your mic is muted
    3: Also theres a setting in vent which chooses what port to take the sound from, you might need to change this to mic

3. nadman

nadman Thread Starter

Thanks but no luck

The problem is that when I push my push to talk button i hear no beep and my mic symbol doesnt flash green and I'm not being transmitted. not that my mic isnt working... it is...im just not being transmitted

I didnt change any settings or anything and I've been using it w/o problems for about a year now

4. Blinding

Blinding

Not sure if im allowed to do this,...I didnt see anything against helping. Im a pretty major gamer myself.

1) Make sure that in the vent window at the bottom you do not have the mute microphone binds checked.

2) Make sure that from the setup window you have your mic selected as the outbound device.

3) Go to Ctrl. Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Click the voice tab>Click the voume button under the "Voice Recording" Section And make sure that the microphone box is checked and not the CD player box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice