1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ventrilo Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Uber Noob, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uber Noob

Uber Noob Thread Starter

Having a problem using Ventrilo (latest version, currently not at home to check which exact version it is, but I know its the latest). On my computer its not allowing me to hear people or speak. I have used Vent many times in the past with no problems. So I know how to set it up. I've went through everything many many times, no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I can see other people speaking (keying up) but can't hear them and they cannot hear me.

My wife's computer runs Vent and I can hear people in it, and they can hear me, however about ever 3-4 minutes, Vent boots me off the server and restarts, and I have to rejoin the channel that I was in and begin again. This is of course very annoying to both me and the people in the channel who hear me leave and join about every 3-4 minutes.

Anyone have ANY idea what to do about these 2 problems? Again I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice