Verification issue with google account deletion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gaminboy007

So, i have a google account that i use no more and want it deleted... So I follow the instructions sign in to your account>manage your account>data and personalisation>delete account... so there it shows that my activity is suspicious and that i will have to verify that it was me by inputting my google account security code after accessing it from one of my devices. i input my one code and it says wrong code try again, so i input my second code with spaces as shown in the code and again wrong code try again... i checked up google support but they had nothing useful... Please help out...

Thanking you in anticipation,
G.

Couriant

James
What security code are you referring to? Did you set up an authenticator for OTP code?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Usually the security code they refer to is one that they've sent you, either by email or text, however you have/had your account set up.

Gaminboy007

Usually the security code they refer to is one that they've sent you, either by email or text, however you have/had your account set up.
Well, they ask me not for a code sent by mail or phone but to access my account from a specific device that i use...

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Is the code being generated by their (Google) authenticator app (or another authenticator app) on the device registered with your Google account?
Do you have any recovery codes saved?

Gaminboy007

Is the code being generated by their (Google) authenticator app (or another authenticator app) on the device registered with your Google account?
Do you have any recovery codes saved?
These are the steps i followed on my device that they specified, my mobile... settings>google>data and personalisation>security....and there i get my code.... i am not sure what generates it... but i dont think i have installed any autheticator apps as such...

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Does that code then work? I suspect this isn’t the code you require.
The code needed is usually either provided via email, text or via an authenticator app.

Gaminboy007

Does that code then work? I suspect this isn’t the code you require.
The code needed is usually either provided via email, text or via an authenticator app.
Yeah i too thought so but no this is what they are asking me for...

Gaminboy007

Yeah i too thought so but no this is what they are asking me for...
I am not sure what happened but I tried again now and i was able to delete my account with just my account password and no verification...

My thanks to you all for your time and help,
G

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
If the code allows you to delete the account then it must be so; if not then that isn’t the correct code it requires.

Gaminboy007

If the code allows you to delete the account then it must be so; if not then that isn’t the correct code it requires.
You serious, or trying to be funny stating the obvious :) Just kidding... Please update yourself on my earlier reply...

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I asked the questions for clarification as your replies seem to suggest the code was accepted yet the original question suggested you couldn’t access the account to delete it.
No longer helping on this question as OP doesn’t seem to want this judging by the last reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online