verifier bug followed by virus atatchments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wdfndn

Hi, about a week ago norton found the verifierbug.class on my pc.
I got it quarentined and then I deleted it.
Yesterday and today I got a few mails. These have been in two groups... the first lot are pertaining to be returned mails they all have attachments which I haven't opened. They are atau.exe, aevodiv.exe and bmauak.exe. Is the case of the verifier bug and the mails connected.. I did a search on the atau.exe one but all I got were foreign language sites but the word virus was in there so I presume it is?
The second lot seem to be from microsoft but I rarely get mails from them and in two days I've had three all with attatchments...how can I find out if these are genuinely from them?

any sugestions gratefully recieved

Woody

I do not believe the recent batch of virus infected e-mails are related to your encounter with verifierbug.class virus. Rather, they come from W32/Gibe-F {look here} and W32/[email protected] {look here} viruses.

Microsoft never sends e-mails unless you perhaps contact them first. They did look real though, didn't they. All the links were good too. Very sneaky!

Thaat's my view. :)

Originally posted by BillC:
I do not believe the recent batch of virus infected e-mails are related to your encounter with verifierbug.class virus. Rather, they come from W32/Gibe-F {look here} and W32/[email protected] {look here} viruses.

Microsoft never sends e-mails unless you perhaps contact them first. They did look real though, didn't they. All the links were good too. Very sneaky!

Thaat's my view. :)
I agree with BillC.(y)

wdfndn

I did a full system scan with norton and it picked nothing up.
I am however getting more mails all the time and norton is picking each one up as a virus now. the name of the worm in the mails is worm.automat.AHB. How can I stop this now please?

Good news..Bad news. The good news is that you are not infected with the lastest viruses. The bad news is that there is no way to stop the e-mails from coming. We are just going to have to wait for this to die down I think.

wdfndn

I just updated my virus definitions, done a scan and all is clear...I don't know a lot about virus's because in 5 years on a pc the verifier bug was the first virus I picked up (last week)....is this worm then just sending me constant mails in the hope that I open one and install the virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online