1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Verifying DMI Data Pool problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pkngster, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pkngster

pkngster Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have been having problems accessing the internet from my desk top. I therefore deleted the program I was using (AOL 9.0vr) using the unistall program, with the aim of reinstalling it.

When I turn my desktop on, and before the PC even gets to the windows loading stage, I get a message saying:

Verifying DMI Pool Data

NTLDR Missing

Press ctl+alt+del to restart.

When I do this I get the same problem, please can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.:(

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Do you have the Windows installation disc for that computer?

There are two ways to get the boot file back on; the recovery console or a repair install. Neither of those methods will cause you to lose any data, but you will need a Windows disc.

3. pkngster

pkngster Thread Starter

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't have any back up disks, I brought the system second-hand. Is there any way around this?

All help and advice gratefully received

4. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Elvandil posted a link to download the recovery console for Windows XP Here, but I'm not sure if it can reload system files with just that.

You can contact the manufacturer of your PC and see if they can send you a new XP disc, or the store where you bought the computer from. These normally cost between $20 - $50. I'm sure if you search long enough, you will be able to find the disc for free, it just depends on how much effort you are willing to expend on this.

You can borrow a Windows disc from a friend as long as it is the exact same version of windows that you already have. You already have a valid license for Windows stored on your PC, so there is nothing illegal about doing this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice