1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

verifying dmi pool data...yoyo

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by livetolovex3, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livetolovex3

livetolovex3 Thread Starter

Hi sooo we have two computers and one has windows xp the other one is windows 7. My parents aren't great with computers and prefer what they are used to. So i switched our two towers/modems so that now I have windows 7 and they have xp. Everything was working fine until i renamed the computers. I restarted my computer fine but on the xp computer the boot hangs at
    verifying dmi pool data.......
    Yoo Yoo (the oo looks like a theta or infinity sign)

I can't type or do anything but people are saying the Yoo Yoo is a virus:confused:
    At one point it asked for an ATAPI cd-rom....but then i changed the bios and that line went away.

I've looked around online and tried to change the boot order in my bios but nothing works. I've also reset fail-safe and optimized defaults, updated my ESCO, and hard-drive is set to auto. Still nothing works.

We've had some changes made to the computer so I don't know all of the specs and I don't know how to find them out...really sorry. Also, I don't think I have an xp installation disk but I'm not sure since we had someone replace our hard drive or something. I have this one that says Operating System CD Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.....but its from hp so I don't think so.

P.S. I did back up all documents on a flash drive and they are all on the computer I am using right now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice