Veritas Backup Exec and Exchange 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Moimoi

Hi,

I'm running backup exec 9.1 on a Windows 2000 server (SP4). I have a disabled user account whose Exchange 2000 mailbox cannot be backed up by Veritas' backup exec. I get the following errors:

0xa000fe09 - The directory is invalid

Directory not found. Can not backup directory USERNAME and its subdirectories.

Any ideas, anyone??

Thanks.

Does the directory still exist? Do you really need to backup a disabled account. You could delete the account if it's not needed

Moimoi

yes, the directory still exists, and yes, I still need to back up this disabled account.

Moimoi said:
yes, the directory still exists, and yes, I still need to back up this disabled account.
Backup of a disabled user's mailbox is impossible, because when a user is disabled in AD, all objects related to his account are disabled as well. This is by design. For this reason, Exchange won't deliver mail to a disabled user.

View VERITAS' Document ID 239006 if you don't believe me :D

If the account is hidden from the GAL BackupExec will not back it up either.

Anyone Familiar with Veritas StorageCentral, a Storage Resource Management Software?

Ranjha

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online