verizon DSL and Winsock

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Solidmike

I just recently ordered my verizon DSL... I am sure it is great but I wouldn't really know considering it hasn't worked in three days. After endless hours on the phone with Verizon they concluded that there is a problem with my winsock.... i did the whole ftp> socket error thing. They suggested that I go to support.microsoft.com and search for "winsock to registry fix". Well that site sucks and I didn't find anything... help help help, what can I do?

bah...

Del

If it's not 3rd party software, then this winsock2 key fix will get you surfing again:
If it's the winsock2 key below is the way to restore it:
Please note if you are going to do this you must have installation cd or cab files.
1) Go to add and remove program
2) Clink on the windows setup tab
3) Take the check mark out of COMMUNICATION
4) Click apply
5) Wen asked to reboot say no.
6) Click Start
7) Click on Run
8) Type regedit
9) Follow the path HKEY LOCAL MACHINES
10) System
11) Current control set
12) Services
13) Winsock2
14) Right click
15) Select delete
16) Go back to add remove programs
17) Click on Windows setup
18) Put check back in COMMUNICATIONS
19) When asked to reboot say yes
After rebooting, try to browse.
It may ask for your Windows 98 C.D.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online