1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

verizon dsl disconnects when, phone rings pickedup or hangup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Martuka, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Martuka

Martuka Thread Starter

lets me start off with saying I'm sorry for how long this is, but I will cover everything that has been done.
    I had my 1st dsl account with verizon for about 3yrs it was terminated for nonpayment (their messup), never had any problems. they tryed to make thing right by setting up a new account new modem and 6 months free, from day 1 evertime you used the phone(either pickup and or hangup) the dsl disconnects, now it's to the point where 2 seconds before the phone even rings the dsl dissconnects and it seems like every 20 min or so the dsl randomly dissconnects. verizon has sent 32 techs to my house. after the 1st yr verizon decided to install the homerun package (NID is split house lines and jacks are filltered and dsl line unfilltered) problem is still there, this was tech 15 or so that did that. 2 yrs and 17 more tech still dc'ing. Even with no phone pluged in and calling the house with me cell it dissconnects
    so:
    1st acount 3 yrs no problems
    new account
    random dissconnect
    dissconnect when phone is used or rings
    so wtf is the problem and why cant they fix it??
    have had all fillters tested and replaced
    3 diffrent modems
    and have had the speeds changed from 1.5, 3.6 and 7.1kbps all with the same results
    ohh ya forgot to tell you evrey tech that comes out test the line @ the nid and jack says everthing is great 14543kbps then look at me like a deer in headlights when I pick up the phone and the dsl dissconnects, then they say that a problen in the CO ( centrel office) 2 days later I get a automated call from verizon saying the problem has been fixxed but just before the phone rings the dsl dissconects
    so what is the problem and why can't they seem to fix??

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is clearly an ISP issue, and they're the only ones that will be able to fix it. Since they've installed the DSL filter and a direct line to the modem, that's as good as interior wiring gets.

The techs are correct, this is a problem either in the lines coming to the house or the CO.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The main purpose of your DSL filter is to keep high frequency (DSL) signals away from your voice phone, but a secondary purpose is to make sure that any spurious high frequency signals generated by your phone or answering system or whatever does not get past the filter and to your DSL modem or back to the ISP's DSL equipment. Similarly the phone company has to keep spurious high frequency signals off their lines. Apparently somewhere between the CO and your place they have a defective filter or a piece of defective equipment that is generating the spurious high frequency coincident with a phone (low frequency) signal.

I know this doesn't help you do anything. Just putting in my two cents agreeing with John. :)

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The ISP has already applied my "DSL fix" for in-house wiring, so I think they've done as much as they can on the customer end of the line. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice