Verizon DSL gotcha

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vore

I signed up for Verizon DSL at the come-on rate of $15/mo. Then without my knowledge or permission someone at Verizon decided I wasn't paying enough so they upped my monthly rate to $37.00. I pay my bills thru my bank so a check for a certain amount is drawn and Verizon got there check each month. Then I get a call from them telling me my account is $200 and some odd dollars overdue and their going to disconnect my service.

After spending hours on the phone with the customer service supervisors we cleared up their mistake. This was 2 years ago. A few days ago I got another call from Verizon telling me my account was overdue by $125.00 and they were going to cancel my account again. Guess what? Yep. Someone at Verizon decided I wasn't paying enough and they upped my monthly fee to 25.00 without telling me.

Be careful with Verizon...they will get you to pay more no mater what you sign up for.

DoubleHelix

Banned
If the $15 is the introductory rate, then you knew it would go up. This is why it's important to actually read bills.

The fine print will always get you. Most consumers don't read the fine print and I do honestly believe at times the fine print is hard to comprehend. Some rules should be setup to have fine print be readable by a 6th grader, BUT...it is still the consumers responsibility to read all of it and call if any of it doesn't make sense.

Vore

I did read the fine print or at least I was told on the phone what the fine print was. After hours of speaking with the supervisor's at Verizon I made absolutely sure what my bill would be. I have Verizon DSL, Verizon land line phone and Verizon wireless. For all three services I was told I would pay no more then 105.00 a month FOREVER!!!. Then the additional 20 bucks was added just recently. Please don't tell me I don't know what I'm doing.

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
Hi Vore,

Your not nuts. They are tricky and they lie. They did the same to a friend. He's had the package with digital phone (which still doesn't work) for 4 months but they've been charging for it. The only way to protect yourself is to make the deal and have them send you a copy in writing clearly spelling out the terms.

T.

I'm not here to support or defend what Verizon has done here Vore, that's a nasty situation you found yourself in and I sure hope you and Verizon can work something out.

For me, a few years ago I signed up for their 3MB/768kb DSL plan at $29.99/mo...they never raised it since, each year giving me the opportunity to renew it at that same rate.

Last October I renewed my subscription for two years at the same $29.99 rate so, I'm pretty satisfied with that, and I've had a dual Internet/Phone package that runs me around $72/mo for both.

Sounds like you're getting jacked around by some darker side of Verizon that I hope I never meet up with. Just be careful what you sign up for and yes, take the time to read that itty, bitty fine print that you just about need a microscope to understand.

Good luck!

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online