1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Verizon Fios & faxing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aznboi855, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grenneam

Oct 12, 2007
    Since my last post I spoke with a friend who is knowledgable in this area. He Said he was aware of problems and he believed it's because Fios is a VOIP systems. The signal Levels produced by the Fios System are different than those used in the old copper wire system.. My other friend who is have the problem is using an HP Combo Printer/Fax. Can some of the people who are on Fios and not having any problems please post the brand and model of the Fax they are using? Especially if it's a Printer/Fax Combo.. Cause I haven't found a suitable replacement yet and he is talking about going to an extra phone line to resolve the issue. Thanks...
  2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Oct 19, 2002
    I'm using an old Brother 700 FAX, and I've also sent faxes using a USR Sportster external modem from my machine. This works both on the FiOS supplied phone line and the Vonage VoIP line.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594546