1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Verizon Internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jc71corvette, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jc71corvette

jc71corvette Thread Starter

Quick question for you guys.

I am using verizon high speed internet. Not vios. I do not want to use the verizon software to get online. I have a netgear pci card and I rather use that software to get online. But for some reason its not finding my network. Whats wrong with that?

Pretty much I want to access my internet on netgear software NOT verizon wifi software. how do I do this

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do not install the unwanted software, or make sure it is not running. If this is Windows XP also make sure WZC is not running. Then use the Netgear utility.

3. centauricw

centauricw

Verizon will probably be using PPPoE for the connection. The Netgear software is just the driver for the Ethernet card. But Windows should allow you to connect to Verizon through the Network Connection Wizard.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Now that two of us have made completely different assumptions about your "quick question" maybe you'd like to tell us what you actually have and want to do. The phrase "high speed internet" is used for every type of internet access faster than 56 Kbps dial-up. What do you actually have (DSL? Mobile wireless? etc.)? What brand and model is your modem? Same question for router if separate unit. Model of your Netgear adapter?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/960333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice