verizon.net email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slk230red

Anyone here still using verizon.net email?

When Frontier took over in Florida, we had to transition over to AOL in 2015 to keep our verizon.net email.

We've been getting emails from vendors stating that Verizon is ending their email service and they want a new email address.

We've received no information from Verizon or AOL about this. We can still access our email online at AOL and also by using Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.

Triple6

Rob
If you've already switched to AOL then you have already done everything you need to do, the transition started in 2015 so you've already been migrated with Frontier.

slk230red

Thanks Rob, that's what I was thinking/hoping, but since there had been news reported about this lately, some companies think that verizon.net email is going away permanently and they want a new email address.

plodr

Liz
In PA, people having a verizon email address had to switch to using AOL (late 2016). If they did nothing, they lost the email address and access to any stored emails.
https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq
You will use your verizon.net email address, including @verizon.net, as your user name for AOL Mail.
Of course, some people ignored this so all the verizon.net email sent to those people now bounces.

Bottom line: there are verizon.net working email addresses but only for those who signed up with AOL.

slk230red

My wife and I followed Verizon's instructions and switched to AOL in late 2015. Some friends of ours in Tampa didn't, and they lost their verizon.net email addresses.
FYI, we have Frontier FIOS, telephone, internet, and TV, but our email is through AOL.

slk230red

I know, that's why we switched over to AOL per Verizon's instructions in 2015 so we could keep our verizon.net email. We don't have any email through Frontier. Frontier contacts me via my verizon.net email.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online