1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Verizon Razor question regarding power

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Suntydt, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suntydt

Suntydt Thread Starter

I have a Razor. I have chargers for in the wall and in the car lighters. My radio has a USB port and I have tried to charge with it but the phone says it is an improper device and does nothing. No biggie, I carry around the car charger in the car.

Here is what I am wondering, is there a way to plug my Verizon phone into my laptop for it to charge or maintain a charge if I am talking,Will a standard USB to Mini USB cable do the trick? Anyone have any luck charging there phones via the USB on their laptop?

2. buffoon

buffoon

where I don't have a Razor, your (car?) radio telling that it is an improper device, means the two items can't converse as in playing music from your phone or running calls via your radio. It probably does charge but I've found a radio's USB to be a bit slow.

You have to set them (PC and phone) so they converse, usually this means you can shove data around between the two but you can't make calls meanwhile. But charge it will and a USB/miniUSB will suffice.

Your phone's call qualities will be locked out and, considering the totally disparate data parameters, that's a good thing.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

One thing you need to be careful of when charging devices by USB is that though the majority of them use the standard 5 volts, such as that supplied by USB ports on a PC, others use the USB connector, but different voltages, typically 12 volts. That's one reason that using the charging devices supplied by the manufacturer is safer, unless you know what you're doing and can safely use other chargers. Using a 12 volt charger on a 5 volt device, for example, can burn it out instantly. [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice