Verizon/Thunderbird

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Teter

I'm having a problem finding an easy email client. I was using Incredimail which handled Verizon with no problems but I found I could not send an attachment at all. I really liked Incredimail but there is no help. I switched to Thunderbird. Having all sorts of problems. I can receive mail but sending mail is said to be spam by Verizon who is my ISP. I don't like using the Verizon Web Mail on site. I also have OE which works ok but would prefer another client.
Can someone tell me how to set up Thunderbird to send mail and not have it picked up as spam. I have read some of the articles but they do not tell you how to. I have a verizon.net address.
Why is it Incredimail emails can go through but not Thunderbird emails?
Thank you for any help. Please, I'm a beginner.

WebMail and Thunderbird are two different things. Thunderbird is a client that you install on your PC; WebMail is an application that you access via your Browser.

If your ISP is Verizon in the USA, your incoming eMail (POP) should be incoming.verizon.net and your outgoing (SMTP) should be outgoing.verizon.net.

If your eMail is being picked up as SPAM (by the recipient, presumably), that is an issue for them to resolve with their ISP.

Teter

Maybe I said it wrong. Yes, I need to open currently Verizon to get my email from the Verizon site. Yes, I know that Thunderbird is a client. I do have the settings right in Thunderbird with the incoming and the outgoing. No, my email is not being picked up as spam from recipient because I can't send it. I receive an error that the email I want to send is considered spam by Verizon. I can receive mail but not send mail.

Did you install the Verizon-provided 'ware?

Perhaps you could post a screen print of this error.

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
So basically the SMTP server of your own ISP is rejecting outgoing mail as SPAM.
I think the best thing would be to contact Verizon and find out why.
You may have a recycled IP address that is on a blacklist.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online