Tech Support Guy banner

Verizons new marketing approuch... honesty..

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  socks1211 
#1 ·
I was listing to the radio today, and on comes an annoying verizon high speed internet commercial.. first of all i hate verizon AND dsl... and im stuck with both due to location :(

but they go on about how they can do all these things that can be done on every other ISPs...

then at the end (and this is word for word):

"Speed and reliability not garaunteed"

:D :up:

#2 ·
They have to have the disclaimer in there because even if the speed drops below the advertised speed for a few minutes, that is a breach of verbal contract. No one can say their service will ALWAYS be 100%.

Much like Comcast as well. They tout their speed is around 4MB now, but they don't tell you that the speed is to the local service area (block or apartment building), and then broken down from there. This is why the speeds on downloading are skyhigh at 4am.

#3 ·
i know but i've never heard it put so plainly and audible(?)... cause for me I hear "verizon" and i kinda tune out.. their commercial to me sounded like: "Verizon high speed internet! speed and reliability not garaunteed"

I wanna go back to cox :(

#4 ·
For DSL, distance from the local CO (Central Office), and number of DSL subscribers on the DSL circuit to your home matter as it affects the overall traffic load. That is why they cannot guarantee you a specified service, i.e. because you share it with the other subscribers.

In my area, I can't subscribe to DSL now because Verizon is implementing FiOS, the fiber optic very high speed service in my town, and they are not offering it anymore. When converted there will be no way to call the power company (possible with copper wire POTS) when the power goes out, as the equipment that the POTS telephone plugs into is driven by AC power after the conversion. Oh, well, everything is a trade-off these days anyway - win some, lose some wrt to services.

However, for $39.95/month, it appears to be a very good deal if you are on a Verizon land line, with a different dialup service - it is possible to actually save money depending on your overall current billing from both Verizon land line service and your dialup accout ISP. Just getting the FiOS sevice for both high speed internet and telephone service could possibly save you money in that case at that price.

-- Tom

#5 ·
theoneandonlybd said:
I was listing to the radio today, and on comes an annoying verizon high speed internet commercial.. first of all i hate verizon AND dsl... and im stuck with both due to location :(

but they go on about how they can do all these things that can be done on every other ISPs...

then at the end (and this is word for word):

"Speed and reliability not garaunteed"

:D :up:
Nothing new there about the marketing... and here's why:
theoneandonlybd said:
I was listening to the radio today
They have to mention it on the radio. People are not mind readers. Now if it's on a TV commercial then yeah, they won't say it, but it will be on a fine print. ;)

Not too sure why you hate Verizon though... it's the best here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.