Vertical Band on right side of screen...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scvusa

Running XP Personal. Have attempted two re-boots with no change. Recently a light, transparent vertical band showed up. It runs down the right side of the screen from top to bottom. (I have an ACER Aspire 5000, btw) Any suggestions on how to rectify this?
THANKS!

I assume the PC is a laptop?

Check the video driver being used and the Refresh Rate.

You can check both using the Device Manager try a Driver Roll Back, which you can access from the Control Panel.

scvusa

Thanks, but I cannot do a rollback without the CD. I installed what I thought were the latest drivers from the company's website and that screwed things up. I did the XP system restore point and got things back to normal but still have that blasted band running down the side of the screen. This is such a drag!!!

A CD is not required for a rollback as the old driver is saved in a hidden folder.

scvusa

Thanks again for your help. I have no idea where the hidden file is located. Obviously, I still have not eliminated this mysterious band, however I've noticed a few things of interest: The band does not show with certain colors, such as white, yellow, blue, and black; but with greys, reds, and greens it is obvious. Very strange, no? It is not a hardware problem, right? A friend suggested it might be a bug, which I doubt. Any thoughts?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sounds like a flaw in the LCD drivers or connections to the panel.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online