1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vertical Lines on Laptop Screen - Different Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vhannpete, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vhannpete

vhannpete Thread Starter

Hello. I am new here and hoping that somebody might help me. I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop. I have read the topics about vertical lines on laptop screens here but my case is different. I suddenly got these vertical lines all over my screen, about 1 pixel thick and 7 to 8 pixels apart and that when it appears, the system crashes and freezed. I tried to reboot but when the desktop icons start to appear then the red vertical lines also appear and that the system freezes again. When in safe mode, it works fine. So i tried to re-install the windows 7 32bit system from my package. After installation it works fine. But when I restarted my laptop again it showed red vertical lines and system crashed. Everytime this happens I have to re-install my windows 7 again and again just to use my laptop. For now, I don't shutdown my laptop because i know that when I will start it up i will have the same problem again and will have to re-install. I don't think that this relates to loosed connections or overheating because I never shutdown my laptop for a week now. I also tried to open my laptop to inspect the graphic card (ATI Radeon) but I cannot find it, perhaps it is integrated to the motherboard? I noticed that something triggers this vertical lines to appear like: (1) running MS DOS programs; (2) hibernating, idling and dimming to save power; (3) restarting; and (4) when administrator permission pop-up appears. Now I am avoiding these actions to prevent system freeze and having those vertical lines. I am really hoping that somebody can help me here. Thanks a lot.

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

Check you on memory or run toshiba diagnostics tool... I think is when you go to recovery mode ... there has a option for hardware testing

3. vhannpete

vhannpete Thread Starter

thanks a lot.. i will try it and keep you posted.

4. jakeferren

jakeferren

You might have slightly pulled the cable that connects the lcd to the graphics card or elsewhere around it. Try reseeding everything you can around the screen including the button bar with the power button in it. If this doesn't work try opening it up and pull all the components and put it back together.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice