1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vertical lines on monitor looks 3d.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gary4279, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary4279

Gary4279 Thread Starter

I have vertical lines on my desktop pc. It looks 3d. It is not the monitor I checked that. It says it could be the video card. I dont think i have a video card. It is factory and the monitor cable is plugged in to a little box that is hooked on the mother board. What can I do to fix this. Do I need a video card installed, will that fix it?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Hardware brand and model?

If it's displays images on a monitor, then it has a video chipset, regardless of whether it's an actual video card. And yes, most graphical display issues like this are typically a faulty video chipset or the power supply.

3. Gary4279

Gary4279 Thread Starter

Dell inspiring 530

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Inspiron? 530

That appears to be a standard desktop PC. The video chipset is part of the motherboard and the monitor cable connects to a VGA port on the motherboard (back of the computer case).

How did you test the monitor?

5. Gary4279

Gary4279 Thread Starter

I hooked it up to my other pc aND it works. The pc is also loud.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice