Very corrupted compact flash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GulMorte

i have just tried formatting a compact flash card to be in Fat16, and have 2gb of memory. My camera cannot handle more, so that is why i need that. Somehow, in the process, the compact flash card got completely corrupted. i do not have any files on it, and i do not need to recover anything from it, i just need to get it to work. currently, i got the furthest using an app for managing partitions, but as i try to initialize the disk, it fails. Apparently, there are no partitions on it, and diskpart detects it as unusable, but I am sure that I haven't made anything that could completely kill it.

Attachments

Wow, that's fairly unusual. Since it's new though, you need to return it for a replacement or refund.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online