1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very frequent 30 sec Internet disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by n2kfactor, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n2kfactor

n2kfactor Thread Starter

I have a 1 MBPS Broadband Internet connection with perfect speed at all times, however, since a couple of weeks, I am facing this weird problem:

Every 2-3 hours (more sometimes), my perfectly fine Internet suddenly disconnects for around 20-30 seconds then starts working perfectly. It cannot even be noticed because there is no "disconnected" sign on the Local Area Connection icon in the taskbar but it becomes extremely problematic while playing online games,downloading things, transferring files,etc. because it just disconnects me everytime and reconnects after 30 seconds and creates a mess. Also, I've noticed my IP address (last 2-3 digits) keeps changing after every disconnection.

I've complained to my ISP several times and they are not doing anything about it. I'm not even sure about whether it is a problem at their end or my end.

Any help is deeply appreciated. Here's a screenshot of my IP address' PING when it disconnects:

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice