Very Interesting XP Taskbar Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bcap

Hello All

So i am having some problems here. It is nothing big, but, it bugs me because i am so organized with my laptop.

When i have windows media player running, and i utilize the taskbar for windows media player (put the little play, forward, etc in the taskbar), it creates a gap at the bottom of my taskbar of about 10 pixels of grey. Everything gets pushed up, it is wasted space.

Now here is the wierd part, when i go onto my desktop (right click) - properties - appearance - advanced - "active title bar", it is set to size 18 with size 8 font. if i change this, apply it, then chnage it back to the way it was before (18 and 8), the little grey bar will dissapear. But once i restart windows, i have to do it all over again.

I want to be able to utilize the taskbar for media plyer, but i dont like ethis gap i have, can someone please give me a hand?

Thanks so much!!

Merry Christmas

Bryan

Try to right-click on the taskbar then select Lock the Taskbar.

If that doesn't work, try to show us a screenshot of what it looks like.

bcap

No that doesn't work, the taskbar is already locked.

Here is a screenshot of my taskbar BEFORE i use windows media player toolbar:

and after:

Oh yes, this happened to me before also.

When you use that Windows Media Player toolbar, it will normally create space for it, because its bigger than the taskbar, try to do this:

When the Media Player toolbar is activated (like in Pic 2), unlock the Taskbar, then move it up, and then down (to shrink it), then lock the taskbar.

bcap

and that'll fix it for when i restart the computer too?

edit:

it didn't work at all!

bcap

no it only is minimized when i play something in it and minimize it

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Have you considered pulling the Taskbar up another level?
I keep my Taskbar at two rows so I can keep track of all the windows I have open.

Sorry, I am unable to see much difference between the two screen shots you have posted.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows Media Player over itself?
I *did* notice on my installation that the bottom edge of the Windows Media Player tool bar had lost its bottom edge until I maximized and minimized Windows Media Player, then it looked fine. Trying it again just now, it seems to be keeping its shape.

This link has lots of good information on Windows Media Player:
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Hope something there helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts