1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very low sound volume in right headphone/speaker

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Since, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since

Since Thread Starter

Hello,

I just recently encountered a problem with the sound on my desktop computer. As the title says, audio out of the right speaker or headphone is barely audible. It happened after returning back from school so there was probably some shaking of the computer during transit, I'm assuming this would have something to do with it. I'm fairly certain it's hardware related.

I've checked every audio setting that I'm aware of (driver software, Windows configuration, looked at the sound device properties in Windows hardware window) and can't find any reason for the low sound. All of the audio is balanced, Windows says the device is working properly, none of the configuration utilities indicate any sort of problem with the device. I've even tried playing with every setting I could fine, to see what effect it may have on the problem. Nothing really affects the problem in any way. I have also tried reinstalling the drivers.

I also have a front panel sound port that I can and have been using that works perfectly fine, though.

Here is my motherboard:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3257&dl=1#ov

The audio specifications according to that site are:

1. Realtek ALC888 codec
    2. High Definition Audio
    3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    4. Support for S/PDIF In/Out
    5. Support for CD In
    I realize that's really more of a list of features but I haven't been able to find anything more technical than that. Windows identifies the device that I'm having problems with as "Realtek High Definition Audio" along with everything else. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I work in IT help and this has me clueless. Thanks in advance :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice