1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very Odd Internet Disconnection Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SamNeedsHelp, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamNeedsHelp

SamNeedsHelp Thread Starter

Hello guys,
    So this issue has been going on since the ISP set up my fiber internet at my new apartment. Every 30 or so minutes whatever I'm playing or streaming will disconnect just long enough to kick me off. If it is a game it will kick me offline and I can reconnect immediately after the disconnection but I keep losing progress or get penalized for leaving matches. If it is a stream I am watching it will briefly disconnect and then come back but with lower quality and distorted audio until I refresh the stream. The strangest part is that these don't happen at the same time if I have both up. My game can disconnect but the stream doesn't and the opposite also. I have tried and confirmed the same issue happens on a wired and wifi connection with both my pc and ps4. I have restarted the router and my ISP has tried multiple things such as reconfiguring the setup from scratch. They just replaced the router today and it still appears to have the issue. It's just such a weird issue that I have no idea what it could be. Any and all help would be awesome, thanks guys.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice