Very old Macbook Pro

wm4mm

I was given a older Macbook Pro and was advised to upgrade (delete everything and start from scratch) Bad move!! I cannot reload OS. Repair person says cannot be done since Apple no longer supports a machine that old. The machine also has Win 10 bootable . Is there anyway to give Win 10 access to the entire harddrive and I would then use it as a Windows machine.
I just want to use it to run a CNC machine and do portable HAM radio operations from the field.

Thanks
Mike
WM4MM

Couriant

James
What model is the Mac? You should be able to find it in the Apple icon > About this Mac

wm4mm

Apple says it will no longer support this model. I just want to know if I can delete the Apple stuff and use the entire drive for Windows 10 which runs fine on the machine.
Thanks

I just want to know if I can delete the Apple stuff and use the entire drive for Windows 10 which runs fine on the machine.
I cannot see why not.
If you can see the data from windows you can delete it.
What I would do is just pick stuff from windows file explorer and delete.
Without knowing how it was setup from start it could be using Bootcamp which is part of apple.

wm4mm

When I have time I have decided to try replacing the Mac part with Linux leaving a dual boot windows / Linux platform. More research is necessary though.

When I have time I have decided to try replacing the Mac part with Linux leaving a dual boot windows / Linux platform. More research is necessary though.
Just out of curiosity, is there a Apple ID associated with this MAC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online