1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

very poor wireless, disconnection and slow speeds...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bamfy, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bamfy

bamfy Thread Starter

hi,

i am on sky broadband 8mb using ethernet, the speed has never been up to scratch but this week i have moved my computer into my bedroom i spent £40 on a netgear 108mbsp wireless USB 2.0 adapter ( model:- wg111t ), everything was going fine but over the last few days i have been getting disconnected and experiancing very slow speeds !

i havent changed any settings or installed any programs it just literally turned my computer on and thats it. It was all set up right using the correct password it has ect...

any ideas ?

cheers

2. bamfy

bamfy Thread Starter

hey, any chance of a biy of help or am i on the wrong thing ?

3. kfpc

kfpc

Try changing the the broadcast channel on the the router, you may be getting some interference causing this problem

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You'll also have to wait for at least a few hours before you can reasonably expect responses, most of us don't hang around 24/7 waiting to answer questions. :)

5. bamfy

bamfy Thread Starter

oo sorry !

how i change the thing ?

also it only seems to drop when downloading!! like now ia int downloading its fine !

my downloan program is legal so i dont get why it does it ? ! ?

cheers

PS.. i keep picking up a NETGEAR and BT homehub devices these dont belong in my house and may be next door this a problem ?? there both open not locked !

6. kfpc

kfpc

Somewhere on your wireless configuration tab on the router will be a drop down menu which lets you select what broadcast channel you are using.

7. JohnWill

What download program are you using? A very common issue with P2P applications is they choke your router and drop the connections.

8. bamfy

bamfy Thread Starter

sorry to say but there isnt !

just plain and normal !

9. JohnWill

What wireless router make/model are you using?

10. bamfy

bamfy Thread Starter

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice