1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very Slow Everything

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kinroan, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinroan

Kinroan Thread Starter

ok....my mums pc had a virus, and after removing that, it was still acting funny, so i went ahead and reformatted...now its still going really slow...hanging at every possible thing when running any program...even the start menu hangs when IE or something is up, so i'm assuming it's hardware related...i was told she had a cheap-ish mainboard and a new CPU installed by a friend of her's, i have no idea what the MB was but the CPU appears to be an Intel Celeron D (3.33 Ghz). i dont know very much about this sort of thing...so if there's any other info i could provide, just ask...thanks.

2. SB305

SB305

What exactly did you do when you reformatted?
    Did you load motherboard and device drivers after installing Windows?
    Have you got a load of yellow ?s in Device Manager?
    To find full details of your mother's PC you can Google a free download of Everest Home.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice