1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very slow internet connection ver.2.0

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Curs3db0nes, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curs3db0nes

Curs3db0nes Thread Starter

Hello I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you guys.

I was on the original post from 18th of jan. named:
    Very slow internet connection

link: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/672824-very-slow-internet-connection.html

But for some reason it was closed and don't see an exact solution to the poster's prob.

We have this problem with 2 stations at our work place. They run off a domain server,
    and the thing i've noticed since i've been fighting with the computers all day is that
    with the speedtest's, one is downloading @ 0.07 mbps, the other runs normal 6.00+ mbps which
    is what is garanteed by our ISP.

But the station running 6.00mbps, is failing the upload test, it is timing out.
    The 0.07mpbs station is running the garanteed 0.60mpbs upload speed tho.

I was asking myself if this could be some sort of colision problem, as one machine is
    downloading fine, when the other is not, and vise versa on the upload part.

So far, we've run RegPro on both machine, which found over 1000+ errors, fixed, and
    still no improvments. Also Malware bytes. Spybot S&D.

The station unable to upload cannot send attachements with emails, as it times out
    after a couple of minutes. And also, internally, I usually scan documents from the
    office scanner, into a network partition intended for those documents, it has never
    had any problems before but for some reason it doesnt let me write new files.

If i'm not mistaken, the server machine is used as a domain, shares the connection,
    is used as a Database, and runs on windows server 2003.

Both machines are running on Windows XP pro SP2.

Our IT company actually went out of business not to long ago, as I have a
    programmer's degree and have a little bit of experience with networking, I am
    taking over this entire setup, going as I can, digging out the information on
    this network.

I am thinking it must either be a spyware blocking a connection or like I mentioned
    before, some sort of colision / IP sharing problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Going back to work afterhours to get these machines in working order for tomorow's
    day.

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    This is a business and you are still on XP SP2, which hasn't been supported for well over a year? Why?

Install SP3 and additional Windows updates, make sure you have the latest correct networking drivers and ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice