very slow start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

david needs

I am using windows 98 and when i boot up it is very slow.
Can some please help?:)
Event Reminder Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE" /Q
EPSON Status Monitor 3.2 Environment Check Startup Group C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\E_SRCV03.EXE
Microsoft Office Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE" -b -l
ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
eZulaMain Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRA~1\ezula\eZulaMain.exe
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
AtiCwd32 Registry (Machine Run) Aticwd32.exe
Norton Auto-Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
wcmdmgr Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\wt\updater\wcmdmgrl.exe -launch
KAZAA Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\MORPHEUS\MORPHEUS.EXE /SYSTRAY
New.net Startup Registry (Machine Run) rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup
webHancer Agent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whAgent.exe"
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
Can please tell me which programs to disconet.

Hi David needs,you also have alot of spyware on your computer,Webhancer,ezula main,newnet are spyware.Follow Ricks advice and go to his site and uncheck what he recommends.Then go to this site and download Ad-aware5.6,run this program and remove some of this spyware.It wont remove newnet.Go to this site and follow the directions for removeing this.

Ad-aware

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

for removeing newdotnet

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302463

When you remove these spyware components,Kazza will not run,just keep that in mind.

So do as Rick said first,then go to the site for the instructions for removeing newnet,re-boot,download ad-aware5.6 run it and remove all spyware componnents.

Lets us know how this works for you.

Good suggestion on the spyware and ad ware, when I saw the start up I didn't read any farther to see what was there. I saw there was way to many listed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online