1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very slow upload speeds

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Drewk, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewk

Drewk Thread Starter

Hi there I'm new to the forums. I couldn't find a topic with the same problem so I'm starting my own thread.

I'm having extremely slow uplead speeds. I've tested it on Speekeast.net, cnet.com and speedtest.net

The average speeds I'm getting are between 1kbps to 28kbps upload

my download speeds seems to be normal around 6mbps

So far in my troubleshooting I've called Comcast, they said everything is fine on their end(one lady said I'm dropping about 10% of the packets sent, I don't think that's normal) I'm connected thru a wireless router but I've hooked up my PC directly to the modem with the same result. I've also hooked up the modem to my laptop with the same result.

I'm running out of ideas on what it could be. I don't think it's my PC or router because I"m getting the same problems without them hooked up. I don't have any background services running that would use internet traffic, disabled my firewall and antivirus, and tried about everthing I could think of.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. I'm at a loss

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice