1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

very strange hardware issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fatalwounds, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fatalwounds

fatalwounds Thread Starter

I was just going about my buisness on a different PC, and all of the colors on the display screwed up very badly, so i reset the computer...then all of the boot up text was very jumbled and unintelligable...so I tryed fastening the connection on the ribbon cables connecting the hard drive to the motherboard. Now it will say, disk boot failure: please insert system disk or something like that..

im pretty sure its the hard drive, but does anyone know how it could have happened, or if i can save it?

2. parvez9988

parvez9988

hi
    the first thing is u fix a new bus cable and then check,or insert the os disk in the cdrom and boot with it.install your video drivers again.
    i think this will work.(y)

3. arknorth

arknorth

The HD doesn't cause jumbling of data like that - motherboard and video card failures do. When a HD fails, they just stop giving data.

A-N

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Sounds like you didn't get the data cable connected properly. Either end may not be quite seated fully. Or, if you unplugged the cable from the motherboard, you may have plugged it into the Secondary controller instead of the Primary, and if it's been disabled in the BIOS it won't see the drive any more.

Double check the cable connections. Boot into the BIOS and make sure the drive is seen there.

It's doubtful that this has anything to do with the video issue, unless a failing power supply has damaged both the video card and the HD.

HTH

Jerry

5. fatalwounds

fatalwounds Thread Starter

Ehhh thats exatcly what it did :D

And the display still works,

and if i use the disk, will i have to reformatt it?

thanks for the help

6. parvez9988

parvez9988

check weather its working properly or not.have the backup and then format if it dont work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice