1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very strange print problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by attman, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attman

attman Thread Starter

I will be amazed if I get any suggestions for my issue here, never mind an answer :)

We have an HP CP2025NW ethernet connected laser printer.

Occasionally the printer does not print pictures or the letter combination 'ie'

Hmmm....

Ideas?

Thanks guys...

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The standard troubleshooting for such issues is:

1) Update the printer firmware.

2) Update the print driver to the latest specific version.

3) Change to a different type of driver; ie. PS instead of PCL or the opposite.

4) Try the HP Universal driver instead of the machine specific driver, again, you can try the PS or PCL driver.

The firmware, and both types of drivers are available on the HP website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...kId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580

Also, if it only happens with content from one program, try an alternate program, PDF programs commonly have such issues and sometimes using another reader resolves the issues - ie. use Foxit instead of Adobe or vice versa.

If the problem is consistent with a specific file or site, post/message me the file and I can see if I can print it successfully on my CP2025n.

P.S. I don't believe there is a NW version of the CP2025, do you mean CP2025dn?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice