1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

very strange problem....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nanaki2007, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanaki2007

Nanaki2007 Thread Starter

First, the story: I just downloaded TeamSpeak, and plugged in an old headset hoping it would still work. I opened the recorder and tried it, and the mic didn't take anything in, but the speakers are working on it. I then opened a MSN conversation with a friend of mine and it recorded something that turned out to be what my speakers were putting out, but when i tried talking, it didn't pick up that. Some basic plug moving and general troubleshooting things brought me to unplugging my speakers, the wire for the speakers in the headset, and the wire for the mic in the headset(all minijacks), and it still picked up my output from my computer-all the output including "New Player" from TeamSpeak and the music I had.

I'm assuming that my headset isn't the problem since the speakers work, but that means its something with my sound card, which is integrated with my motherboard. I don't know how it could possibly get straight from the line-out, and end up going to the mic input without a cable connecting them on the outside. I tried updating all the Audio controllers in the device manager to no avail. My soundcard is the one thath came with my computer, which is a Compaq Presario S4020WM. I wouldn't think you would, but if you need any other information about my computer, because I have upgraded most things about it, but the soundcard is still the same.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice