1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

very strange

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by padutch, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

I have a Gateway P3 450 with 320 megs of ram. Running Win 98
    It works fine BUT! Whenever I reboot or start up I get my normal Gate Logo/ then the black screen with the bios info on then another black screen/here lies the problem. when this black screen goes to windows logo, well just befor the black screen gets a little blue dot in the middle. Then it goes to Logo and another black screen with the little blue dot in the middle then on to windows. Also on boot every now and then I get one beep. Not always. The blue dot is also there on shutdown. Also every now and then my PC will give a clicking sound. If you have ICQ it is like the typing sound from it. I do have ICQ but whenever this happens I make sure ICQ is not running in the background.
    Have Norton and is updated daily. Went to online scan and everything checks out ok. Have Adaware and run it daily.
    So do I have something to worry about? Like I said the PC seems to run ok.
    DUTCH

2. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Well I narrowed down the clicking noise. It seems to be only on this site and it seems to be one of the banners. That was easy but I still don't understand where the little blue dot comes from.
    DUTCH

3. mark5019

mark5019

this is just a guess do you have quick time installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice