1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very Weird Sims 2 Expansion packs problem (not a normal question, I swear)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Talon Razor, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Razor

Talon Razor Thread Starter

Yea I know, Sims 2. You guys get a ton of these. I've read all your help and tips on other threads but none have worked for my current problem.

This on a brand-new PC with a clean OS install. It's an E6420, with 4gb of RAM, 8800GTS vid card and an Audigy 2 ZS. All drivers are recent and updated, directX is new, etc. I usually can fix these problems but this one has me stumped.

I installed Sims 2 + University, Nightlife and Open for Business. All in order and totally legal. The core game was patched (had to patch it before installing Uni or I'd get that uninstall error that's pretty common) and most recent patch for OFB was used. However, every time I try Open for Business, the game crashes after playing the intro video or when any attempt was made to skip it. I uninstalled everything, took out all registry keys and reinstalled. Same thing. Once again, I removed the games and tried just Sims 2. The game started up fine, no problem. I then just installed University and tried that. Same exact error as the one I got with OFB. I then removed University but now the main game won't even start up, it just crashes when I try to start it. I removed all the games, reinstalled Sims 2 and now it works again.

So I'm stuck. I have no virtual drives going on, no clones or daemon tools that the game might be detecting (I used to have daemon tools installed but I removed it). I've googled my problem, asked in another forum and talked to some guys on IRC and no one can think of anything that will fix.

My sadistic side needs some good ole' fashion Sims torture, help me out here!

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/570415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice