1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Very Werid Problem With Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Deanznet, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanznet

Deanznet Thread Starter

i need help with this connection problem i got .. its pretty weird and i dont know at all how it works.. i have a wireless linksys router and its like connected to 5 different computers andd uhh.. while im using the computer, EVERYTIME someone like walks up & down my stairs or enters the hallway upstairs the internet connection would get disconnected.. me and my and my brother tested out.. like we would turn the xbox on and put it on live.. turn the 3 other computers on and download somethingg.. and i would walk up the stairs and the computers and xbox would just get disconnected .. like my dsl router would just stop blinking and the DSL light would start blinking which meant like theres no connection or something .. and also we turned on all of the things again .. and we just left in on and stayed in place downstairs and no one would walk up my stairs or go upstairs anywhere at all... and it would stay connected .. can you help me with this.. thanks

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

Well, that is wierd... you said that the DSL light goes out on the modem? that means it is losing sync. If traffic on the stairs is really the issue then maybe the phone line the DSL modem is on runs under foot?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice