VGA 1080 Fan stop spinning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lazar.bandi

Hello , i have desktop core i7 gen4 , ram 32GB , ssd 240GB, VGA 1080
windows 10 pro 1909

the issue is the graphic card MSI NVidia GeForce 1080 after turn the computer the fan spin 10 sec and when the windows boot fan of graphic card stop spinning

i update the software of VGA to last version and every thing is normally

please any help about situation

Hello Lazar.bandi,

Perfectly normal for newer/high end cards, the fans are thermally controlled so as to cut down on power consumption and reduce noise etc, as long as they spin up when you put the PC under load you have nothing to worry about.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Lazer.bandi:

The GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card can consume up to 180 watts of power.

Which 4th generation Intel Core i7 processor does your computer have?

What is the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in your computer?

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Lazar.bandi

Hello Lazar.bandi,

Perfectly normal for newer/high end cards, the fans are thermally controlled so as to cut down on power consumption and reduce noise etc, as long as they spin up when you put the PC under load you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you man

The above post is right nvidia started optimizing cards during that era (10**) to stop spinning fans under about 45c it's meant as a power saving measure. Not every GTX did it some Zotac cards didn't but most main brands like MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA did.

crjdriver

The above post is right nvidia started optimizing cards during that era (10**) to stop spinning fans under about 45c it's meant as a power saving measure. Not every GTX did it some Zotac cards didn't but most main brands like MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA did.
Before the 10xx cards. EVGA 9xx cards had this feature. I had an old evga 960 and the fan rpm would be 0 until the card got to approx 50C or so.

Last edited:
Before the 10xx cards. EVGA 9xx cards had this feature. I had an old evga 960 and the fan rpm would be 0 until the card got to approx 50C or so.
That's true and I would add that AMD started that as well with RX 4*** series. During the 9000 series with nvidia not all cards did that mostly just eVGA and MSI and only a few models. I'm guessing you had the single fan GTX 960 that was a great card in it's time. Conversely, I have an old box with a 4770k sitting in a closet with a Zotac GTX 1050ti - also single fan that does not use that technology. It varied from card to card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online