1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vga connection help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samywella, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samywella

samywella Thread Starter

i have a hd monitor which i can connect my laptop too, in both ways (vga and hdmi) but my vga connection suddenly stopped working, but still identified there was something connected even when it wasnt. however on the same monitor i was able to connect through the hdmi connection and have had no problems since. i have tried other monitors, but i think the problem is to do with my laptop. could plz tell me how to fix this problem, i feel like there is a simple solution :/
    also when ever i connected the vga cable, the laptop screen goes black for a moment, as usual, and the monitor responds in the same way but says no signal detected. and then the monitor goes back to standby mode as if nothing is connected.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you checked the cable- no pins bent on the plugs at all?

3. samywella

samywella Thread Starter

yeah i checked them, also my laptop came with a program called catalyst control center, even that program detects the make and model of the monitor connected when the vga cable in plugged in, and the computer in the normal screen resolution menu recognizes it, but the monitor says no signal detected, is my laptop blocking it, maybe i changed a setting?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are you able to check the monitor on another laptop or PC at all

5. samywella

samywella Thread Starter

yeah i tried it and the vga connection works on other laptops

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    must be a setting on the laptop - anyway to try on a different monitor ?

7. samywella

samywella Thread Starter

tried that and i get the same problem, the laptop detects the connection so does the monitor but, always get same response on monitor screen, no signal detected

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice