1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VGA dialog box stays on after start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitrous002racing, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nitrous002racing

nitrous002racing Thread Starter

I have a 1 year old Gateway GT501GH with a gateway 21" widescreen. When I start the computer the VGA dialog box pops up in the middle of the screen but disappears before i get to my home page.
    Lately, the VGA box has been popping up like normal during start up but won't disappear for a long time(usuall a minute after gettting to home page). Sometimes it wont disappear at all.
    I unplugged the VGA connection from the back on the lcd and computer and reconnected them, but it still does it. The computer has a DVI input. Should I try to connect it this way and hope the problem goes away? I don't have a dvi cable so i would need to go buy one.

2. bebostyle

bebostyle

i have the same problem with my gatway of recent, have u found any solutions to it yet??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541126