VGA driver error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

august6th

just bought ATI's Radeon x1650. I installed the card, put in the cd and right before installation began I got an error message that said the following:

"Setup was unable to complete installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"

heres the screenshot: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/DP_Exar/311.jpg

Im completely lost, any suggestions?

Try the install through the add hardware wizard and point it to the CDROM with your driver disk in the drive.

Download and install whatever Windows update is there--and why do you have the red-shield warning? Whatever is out of date or incorrect, I'd suggest you fix it while you're doing this.

that is good advice. Windows update could very well being trying to fix your problem for you.

august6th

tried installing through new hardware wizard and nothing changed. I decided to bypass the installation cd altogether and downloaded the latest drivers for the card from ATI's website. Things seem to be working fine now. o and btw the red shield is because I had just reformatted wen the screenshot was taken and i hadnt installed my antivirus software yet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online