1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VGA HDMI Converter Box Help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by lancehunt, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lancehunt

lancehunt Thread Starter

Hello, I have bought a Video Box that converts VGA to HDMI from my laptop to my HDTV. I have hooked everything up, but I can only hear Audio Only, but no Video. My screen is blue only. I dd go to my computer screen resolution and selected Number 02, of dislaying my montior to another one. I have even changed the resolution and still, no video, only audio only. I did replace my hdmi cable to check to see if my cable was messing up. Still the same, no video only audio. I do have the box checked on my computer to extend my monitor onto another montor. Still no result. I have restarted and power off and power on, still no result. Can anyone help me, there is no tech support phone number for this converter box. Thanks, Lance :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    try unchecking - so you just see the main screen
    You have used the Fn + F? key sometime F4 or F5 to toggle the VGA output

3. lancehunt

lancehunt Thread Starter

Hello! Thanks for the info. I tried un-checking the box and then doing the Fn + F and it justmade my laptop screen go black. It did not do anything to my HDTV. My TV screen just remains blue. I tried all the F Keys from F1 to F10 and it did not do it either. If there is any othe advice, I sure would apprciate it. Thanks! :)

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you should have a F key with a symbol of a screen on it
    that toggles
    Just Laptop
    Laptop and VGA output
    Just VGA output

5. lancehunt

lancehunt Thread Starter

Hey! Yes my laptop has the montior on my F2 key. I have tried pushing on Fn F2 several times as well, just pushing on F2 and it doesn't do anything, other than taking me to the display settings. I did forget to mention that when I un-hook my VGA cord from my computer, my screen does turn black and turn back on my desktop setting. That tells me that my computer is sending to my convertor box but it's not displaying on my HDTV.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice