VGA splitter cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Miles_Valentine

Um i bought this with the intentention of spanning my desktop across two monitors... But all it seems to do is show the exact same thing.I have my Nvdea card with the splitter in it, and 2 monitors plugged into the splitters two ports. However my computer reckons that both of them are the one monitor. So the question is, is there a way to convince the PC to accept both monitors as individuals, or do i have to start jamming in additional graphics cards, making this entirely useless cable obselete

cwwozniak

Chuck
If your video controller only has one video output, then there is no way a simple splitter cable of any kind is going to convert that output to two different images on two different monitors. Did the cable seller or manufacturer actually claim that their product could do that?

Time to go shopping for a video controller card that can support two independent displays on two monitors at the same time.

The cable is designed mainly for projectors. That way, you could project an image on a screen and see it on your desktop at the same time.

Courtney

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online