VGA to HDMI cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

am_priceless

Hey there.

i just bought a VGA to HDMI cable from Amazon and was hoping to be able to get my computer screen on to my TV. only problem is when i set it up nothing is coming through to my TV.

so could someone possibly help me please?

etaf

Wayne
whats the PC if a laptop - then you need to use one of the function keys F keys at the top F4 or F5 maybe and also with the FN key which then toggles the output

VGA is analogue signal
HDMI is digital
So is this a converter box or just a straight cable ?
VGA to DVI can work as different DVI can use analogue

am_priceless

it's the PC. I been told to right click desktop > screen resolution then change it there however my VGA port is taken up by my current monitor so I wouldn't be able to see what i'm doing lol.

Anyway, it's a straight signal. i've got a VGA to DVI cable but it doesn't fit :(

etaf

Wayne
i'm not sure a straight VGA to HDMI cable is going to work

Often - if you have a HDMI input on the TV you may also have a PC VGA input

am_priceless

i've just looked and there was no sign of a VGA input on the television. have you got any suggestions ?

etaf

Wayne
do you have a link to the cable you have -
and also the make and model of PC - what options are available on the graphic card
and the make and model of the TV what options are available

S-Video
Composite
VGA
HDMI
component

are some of the video options

etaf

Wayne
looking at the link you gave me the reviews tell it all really - does not work - not sure what this cable is used for

looking at the PC specs here all you have the option for is VGA out
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...gory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=4325440#N1095

cant find the TV :(

you will need something like this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/vga-to-hdmi...rt-388962?tabid=1&criteria=usb&c=so&u=strat15
I have not used myself - so you need to check it will work , and have some sort of option to return if not working

If you purchased the cable from amazon , you should have 30 days direct selling to return it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online